Immigration Legal


Gema Immigration Services works from 1990 as a consultant office with expertise in visas and residences procedures in Argentina. Also we get Argentine documens and Apostilles.

Please ask our comment about the prospect to establishment businesses in Argentina and we will begin an assistance that help you with requirements and several legal procedure to get sucess.

Also, if you want to do invest in Argentina, to open a branch or any commercial society, our legal consultants will be available to achieve your projects.


Different procedures. The simple procedures are those for achieveing the reunification of families where an Argentine citizen or resident (parent, child or spouse) entitles to their relatives foreigners to get permanent or temporary residences.

Procedures a bit more complex, but very common, are those related to the following categories: pensioner, rentier, entrepeneur, employee or dependent with new employment contract or transfers between companies or subsidiaries. The processes more complex, though not always tedious, are the following categories: investor, who can verificable capacity for designing an industrial, business or commercial investment for min. $Ars 1.500.000 transferred from outside.

Difficulties may occur if the person does not know exactly the right type of documentations required for the Immigration Office. Solve it by consulting to the Immigration Office and by following all the guidelines and it should be recognized that these processes are not simple in any wordly office that grants visas.

Of course, there are cases where the foreign can not find some admission categor applicable to them, but before drawing negative conclusions, it will be neccesary to make everything possible for verifying if actually the impediment exists in the Immigration Law or concordant rules.   Consults:

What category should I choose?  There are 15 admission categories for getting a temporary or permanent visas, according the Immigration Law (L 25871) in Argentina, as appear in articles 10, 20 tol 23. This categories are:

Art. 22 - Spouse, son, daughter and parents of Argentinean citizens.

Art. 23 - a) Migrant worker; b) Financier (min. USD 2000/month from outside); c) Pensioner; d) Investor
(min. near USD 300.000)
; e) Scientific and Specialized Personnel; f) Sportsmen and Artists; g) Religious Ministers; h) Patients low medical treatment; i) Academics; j) Students; k) Refugees;  l) Nationality (Citizens of Mercosur, Bolivia, Chile); m) Humanitarian Reason; n) Special.

Art. 10 -  For family reunification - For spouse´s residents or his/her parents, children smaller than 21 years and bigger children with different capacities (handicapped).

Obviously, each one will analyze the category that correspond him/her, and also it should be verified if it is reached by some Special Regularization Program or special Agreement, like there are with Southamerican countries natives. After this evaluation, it should be thought how to prove in the Immigration Office the elected category, remembering that it will be demanded true evidences.

What if you don´t applicate? First, please, verify if you has a right understanding of all the requirements according the integral migratory juridic system. Specially if you has a company or commercial activities in your country, maybe you need help to understand how applicate without mistakes. As independient bussines man or independient workers can not get visas, the best solution is to show finance or bussines capacities in your country while you are asking it. Sure, you will need help in this cases.
Work Authorization Documents. It is ESSENTIAL a Visa or Disposition like permanent or temporary resident (NOT TRANSITORY VISA), for having an authorization to work according to some of the migratory categories mentioned in page 2. The precarious residences, granted by the Immigration Office, enable to work too, but the Entry Permits does not enable to work but to obtain a Visa in Argentine consulates.

It is authorized to work for few days too, who obtains visa or work authorization according to the rules that now are limited max. 15 days, except in the case of Brazilian citizens that they can work for a special Agreement while they are tourists but with pragmatic limitations.

Right Documents 

1 -Original certificates. Obtain Original (or Certified Copies from an Official Register - Not Notarial copies) Certificates of Birth, Marriage, Criminal records or any other one, verifying the accuracy in all the data. Remember that, for example, a name more or less, a single wrong letter in names or surnames, data that are not similar in all the documents, it will cancell the administrative procedure.

2 - Enough legalizations are needed. If your country had signed the Agreement of The Hague (Apostille), you will can ask this APOSTILLE in the offices related to the Chancelleries of the country were the documentation was originated. In all other case, the documentation should be legalized in Argentinean consulates of the jurisdiction where the same one was emitted. Keep in mind that: usually Foreign Documents will be NOT LEGALIZATED IN ARGENTINA in the consulate of the country that emitted this paper, except for very special cases with Southamerican countries.

3 - Evident documentation. As a general pointview, the key is to understand that Immigration Office only accept as valid EVIDENT documents, what means that common copies, letters or contracts with signatures non notarized, the absence of enough prove for demonstrating the existence and real operation of a company, etc... will be not accepted as appropriate documentation and to suppose the opposite will generate unnecessary delays.

Ask our  assistance  |   Tel. 54 911 6379 8304

Call Now
Agüero 1348 PB "B"  | 1425 Buenos Aires  |   República Argentina |  Te.  54 11 6379 8304  | Móbil: 54 911 4147 1288 |  © Copyright 2021